Tuesday 9 December 2014

Happy Holidays

I had a phone call on Sunday 16.12.14, was I busy next week if not would I like to go on a five day holiday absolutely free. I don't think I have ever packed a suitcase so fast, I met up with my friend June in Ripley and the coach arrived just after 9am to take us to Cromer in Norfolk. This was going to be exciting I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have been on a holiday. ( I don't count a week away to visit relatives, which I have done a few times). We arrived in Cromer around four and went in the side entrance to our hotel which was lovely, June and I were on the second floor next door to one another. 

The room was lovely, the food was excellent as was the service. And then the next day I saw the view from the table we were seated at in the dining room, the sea and the pier, wonderful. 



I hadn't realised when we arrived that the hotel was on the sea front.
 The Hotel De Paris 














We had two days of going out on trips and every evening there was entertainment which was really good. The first evening we had Norfolk's very own singing pig farmer, Nigel Adams. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. June and I disappeared during the bingo it wasn't quite our thing. We went down every evening bar one, the second evening the entertainment was not our cup of tea at all, his sense of humour left a lot to be desired which was a shame as he was a good keyboard player and singer.

We had a lady the following evening Stacy Collins and a gentleman on the last evening Tony Barker who could sing, play the guitar, saxophone and everything in between I think. They were all really very good.

I was thrilled on Thursday to see surfers, how my camera clicked :)














I also walked up to the lighthouse
 The sea and the scenery was quite breath taking.













As I said we had a couple of trips, first a whole day out calling at three places as we toured the Norfolk Broads,  the last one being Wroxam which boasts the countries largest village store,  Roy's stores It was quite a shopping experience. The following day we had a couple of hours in Great Yarmouth, were we were entertained by this street entertainer from Manchester.


And I found these guys sitting outside one of Roy's store in Wroxam I think they were waiting for their ladies to finish shopping, and persuaded them to pose for me, I'll call them Harry, Larry and Mo as I don't want to give away their names :)

The three wise gentlemen
Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil

Not an easy task in this day and age, we're bombarded with sounds and vision that leave our senses reeling, but we don't have to deliberately put ourselves into a situation that is harmful to our spiritual life, June and I walked out of the entertainment on the Tuesday evening because it wasn't fit to listen too. Here's a command from God's word that will keep us protected from evil without having to cover our ears, mouth and eyes. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

All in all we had a wonderful time there are too many photos so I can only show a few and there are too many memories so I can only share a few but I do want to say a big thank you to June for thinking of me and Brenda her friend whose place I took as she was too ill to go. It was very kind and generous. 







No comments:

Post a Comment